I am right smack in the middle of a few “tackle it” weeks: intentionally completing several needed but not necessarily urgent To Do projects. I started in full steam ahead mode and am frantically trying to finish one or two more tasks before the energy source runs dry!
The “tackle it” projects are the ones we would really like to see accomplished because we just want to see the end result. Completing them immediately isn’t really necessary to sustain life as we know it. 😉 I mean, as long as the oven still works without burning down the house, what’s the hurry about cleaning it? (Oops, did I really just say that out loud??) The laundry has to be done, but the closet where I put the clothes can stay messy for a while longer.
This week, “Why Not?” up the priority on some of those things that you just really want to see completed?
Now, just because I’ve addressed these projects, there are still many more, and I promise they don’t all involve cleaning and organizing! This week, however, that does seem to be the focus. So, in addition to the normal day-to-day around here:
- Cleaned some dirty ovens. Why on earth don’t I do this more often? It is, after all, a self-cleaning oven!
- Organized a couple of kitchen cabinets. Really, I was just looking for a roll of tape. Three hours later, two junk drawers, a junk basket (who needs this much junk??), and two cabinets were completely revamped! That’s how most of these projects get started for me: “Wow, that was hard to find. Let me just move this over there, and….” And so it goes.
- Made one sweep through the master bedroom closet. It’s just like writing — you are never finished with the first draft, it always takes at least twice!
- Made major headway on my big “reclaim my office” gift to myself! I rearranged the furniture to open up the space, and gave one of the oversized desk chairs to a friend, which makes it feel much less crowded. I’m not finished, but I have made a great start!
- Remember my 15 Minute Paper Clutter Challenge? I am happy to report I have a brand new filing system and most importantly, papers are actually in the files!
- But my absolute favorite part of reclaiming my office has been getting rid of the 13 year old mammoth desktop computer! That thing was camped out on a startling amount of usable space! It is so nice to finally have room on the desk for all the truly important things!
There are many more projects on my “tackle it” list, and thankfully, they are much more fun than cleaning ovens — I would really hate it if you thought this list was my idea of fun! If only I can keep the momentum going…
“Why Not?” move one of your hovering endeavors to the top of your list this week — and encourage me to keep going by sharing your accomplishments!
Have you subscribed to the blog yet? Get updates delivered directly to your inbox so you never miss a thing. Follow happy!